In the garage
- Dan – new tires on the Jeep. Yukon needs a throttle body and a bunch of other stuff. Shot a caribou. Northern Light viewing.
- Rich – Salt removal and chain maintenance.
At The 4×4 Podcast, we see the offroad vehicle as more than just a toy. It is a tool to be used in meeting all your outdoor recreation needs. What has your offroad vehicle done for you lately? In this photo, your 4×4 Podcast host Dan, harvested a 250 lb caribou cow in Alaska. She’s going to taste delicious cooked up on my @tembotusk Skottle! Or maybe in @lodgecastiron dutch oven. OR BOTH!
- You can support The 4×4 Podcast by shopping on Amazon for everything under the sun. If you first go to the4x4podcast.com/amazon, then we’ll get a few cents from your purchase. You will still pay the same low price that you’d normally pay but a small percentage of the purchase will help keep the servers running for the podcast.
- You can sign up for a free 30 day trial to amazon prime and just by signing up for the free trial, Amazon will give us a little thank you. Head over to the4x4podcast.com/prime and sign up today!
- Also, you can sign up for the Kindle app at the4x4podcast.com/kindle. You don’t even have to buy a book and Amazon will kick a few cents over to us.
- Head over to 4x4radio.com and you’ll find a huge playlist from all the shows on The 4×4 Radio Network. You can hit play and listen to the Centre Steer Podcast and learn about Land Rovers. Or The Jeep Talk Show and learn about all things Jeep. And the Muddy Mic podcast covers all things in the fast growing segment of ATVs and UTVs.
- We’re always looking to add new shows to the network so if you’re interested in starting an offroading related podcast of your own, reach out and let us know!
In the news:
- Ford F-150 with Rover diesel? http://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/17/ford-f150-jaguar-land-rover-diesel-spy-shots/
- Sheldon Creed, of Stadium Super Truck racing prodigy fame, is racing in Dakar http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/sheldon-creed-just-got-the-craziest-job-promotion-in-ra-1748234108
- Chevy Colorado getting strong aftermarket support http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-2015-chevy-colorado-aftermarket-is-finally-getting-1745692207
- Where 2 Wheel https://www.where2wheel.com/
Offroading 101: tow points. What they are and what they are not.
Outdoor Edibles: cooking fuel. All compressed gases cool as they are used. In cold climates this can cause fuel nozzles to freeze and your burner will go out. Lines will also freeze. An alternative is to use natural material for an actual camp fire cooking, charcoal, or a non compressed gas like a dual fuel stove or white gas.
Gear Review: Princeton Tec headlamp. http://amzn.to/1RqV1TW
Reviews: no new iTunes reviews lately. You can also send your reviews in through all our social media outlets but the iTunes reviews really help bump us up in the iTunes store, where most people find us.
The best review we can get though is when you tell your friends about us!