On this episode we interview Steven Lutz from Rugged Rocks and Rugged Routes. Rugged Rocks is a leader in pushing development of Nissan off road aftermarket performance parts through industry partnerships and original product design. If you’ve blown your Nissan Titan rear axle and need new gears, Rugged Rocks offers all of the OEM gear ratios, and more! If you have a suspension lift on your Nissan Titan with oversize tires or a Nissan Xterra or Frontier with a Titan swapped front drivetrain and you’re looking to regain lost power and improve gas mileage, then you’ve come to the right place! Rugged Rocks offers Nissan Titan ring and pinion gears for both the front, M205 and rear, M226 differentials in ratios up to 4.56! They also have Doug Thorley headers for many Nissan 4x4s such as the 3.3L V6 Xterra and Frontier as well as the 3.0L V6 Pathfinder and Hardbody. If you’re serious about taking your Nissan 4×4 Pathfinder, Xterra, Frontier, or Hardbody rock crawlnig, then you’ll want long travel suspension, a solid axle conversion and deep crawler gears and preferably dual transfer cases or doubler. You’ll also want some of our heavy duty motor mounts to keep that motor securely attached to the frame! Here at Rugged Rocks, Rugged Rocks has got your Nissan covered!
This episode is sponsored by:
- Fridge Freeze – The only vehicle mounted refrigerator made in America and chosen by the Department of Defense to pull duties around the world.
- L.T. Wright knives are hand crafted in Ohio with the finest, locally sourced materials. They build everything from every day carry to bushcraft and even overland specific. Everything that LTWK builds comes with a lifetime guarantee and is designed from the ground up to be a solid working knife. Find out more online at ltwrightknives.com.
In the garage
- Dan – Mrs. 4×4 Podcast has mentioned that she would like to get rid of the Yukon XL in favor of a 4 door Jeep Cherokee XJ for reliability sake.
- Craig – Fixed the Jeep Transmission?
- Rich –
This interview is: Steven Lutz from Rugged Routes and Rugged Rocks
In the news:
- Ben says, “Back country comms class in Denver area “We are going to teach the Backcountry Comms class again this year and it should be bigger than the last one with more venders lining up. The website is updated and ready to go out and I wanted to see if I could get you to give us a shout again. www.backcountrycomms.com
- EJS Jeep Concepts https://outdoorx4.com/news-and-events/jeep-mopar-unveil-concepts-50th-easter-jeep-safari/
- The San Diego Buggy Assault by Blake Wilkey is resulting in some serious charges, not surprisingly – http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/10/san-diego-urban-assault-buggy-charges-video/
Offroading 101: Pick a good line. Try to pick a line (route) and stay with it. Keep looking out ahead of your rig and don’t focus solely on where your tires are, but on where they will be. If you are looking at your tires outside of the driver’s window, all of the time, it is just a matter of time before you lose your good line.
Outdoor Edibles: The AeroPress coffee maker – http://amzn.to/1QLDbdm
The aeropress is a completely new kind of coffee press that brews absolutely delicious, rich coffee without bitterness. In one minute, the aeropress will make 1 to 4 cups of american or espresso style coffee. Coffee brewed in an aeropress is rich but smooth for good technical reasons. The first and most important reason is brewing speed. Coffee yields its rich flavors quickly. From when you add hot water to when you are ready to drink, the aeropress takes about 30 seconds, just like a fine espresso machine. The time required to fill a drip coffee maker pot or the steeping time required for a traditional coffee press is measured in minutes, not seconds, and because of that, they brew bitter, acidic coffee. When brewing coffee with an aeropress, you use very hot but not boiling water, you use finely ground coffee, and the filter prevents any grit from getting into your cup, all of which are additional important reasons aeropress brewed coffee is so remarkably delicious. Fast and convenient, the aeropress coffee and espresso maker makes one of the best cups of coffee you’ll ever taste. This innovative uses the ideal water temperature and gentle air pressure brewing to produce coffee and espresso that has rich flavor with lower acidity and without bitterness. It makes 1 to 4 cups of coffee or espresso, enough for 1 or 2 mugs, features a micro filtered for grit free coffee, and takes just 1 minute to make coffee, actual press time takes only 20 seconds. Its aeropress time. Fast and convenient, the AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker makes one of the best cups of coffee you’ll ever taste. This innovative uses the ideal water temperature and gentle air pressure brewing to produce coffee and espresso that has rich flavor with lower acidity and without bitterness. It makes 1 to 4 cups of coffee or espresso (enough for 1 or 2 mugs), features a micro filtered for grit free coffee, and takes just 1 minute to make coffee (actualpress time takes only 20 seconds).
Email us at email@example.com
Facebook at http://facebook.com/the4x4podcast
Instagram at http://instagram.com/the4x4podcast
Twitter at http://twitter.com/the4x4podcast
Leave us a voicemail at 719-924-5337
Reviews and feedback:
- Nicky G voicemail
Now it’s time to hit the trails. So God bless, tread lightly and stay safe while exploring your world.
- Fridge Freeze – This episode of The 4×4 Podcast is sponsored by Fridge Freeze. Fridge Freeze is the only vehicle mounted refrigeration unit that is made in the United States. Fridge Freeze units are built so tough that they are the choice for the Department of Defense and many hospitals across America. They are built with extremely tough components made to stand the test of time. Fridge Freeze units have been through Baja in race trucks, on boats running around the world, and beyond! You might think that this is more equipment than you really need but if you live by the buy once, cry once mantra then Fridge Freeze is the unit for you. Head over to http://FridgeFreeze.com and check out their products. At the least, send a note to Fridge Freeze and let them know that you appreciate their continued support for The 4×4 Podcast.
- L.T. Wright Knives are hand crafted in Ohio with the finest, locally sourced materials. They build everything from every day carry to bushcraft and even overland specific. Everything that LTWK builds comes with a lifetime guarantee and is designed from the ground up to be a solid working knife. Each piece is constructed with survival in mind. Knives with a proven international pedigree that have been there and back. Bushcraft, hunting, camping, overland, and every day carry models are available. The Bushcrafter HC is an excellent example of and every man knife able to do everything from help get the campfire started to skinning game. Being made from 3/32” 1075 steel with a convex edge, it will resharpen easily in the field. These heirloom quality pieces will outlast your adventure so, plan well, drive safely, and carry an LTWK.
Find out more online at http://the4x4podcast.com/ltwk
- Listeners like you!
- You can support The 4×4 Podcast by shopping on Amazon for everything under the sun. If you first go to the4x4podcast.com/amazon, then we’ll get a few cents from your purchase. You will still pay the same low price that you’d normally pay but a small percentage of the purchase will help keep the servers running for the podcast.
- You can sign up for a free 30 day trial to amazon prime and just by signing up for the free trial, Amazon will give us a little thank you. Head over to the4x4podcast.com/prime and sign up today!
- Also, you can sign up for the Kindle app at the4x4podcast.com/kindle. You don’t even have to buy a book and Amazon will kick a few cents over to us.
4×4 Radio Network: http://4x4radio.com
- Head over to 4x4radio.com and you’ll find a huge playlist from all the shows on The 4×4 Radio Network. You can hit play and listen to the Centre Steer Podcast and learn about Land Rovers. Or The Jeep Talk Show and learn about all things Jeep. And the Muddy Mic podcast covers all things in the fast growing segment of ATVs and UTVs.
- We’re always looking to add new shows to the network so if you’re interested in starting an offroading related podcast of your own, reach out and let us know!