On this episode Dan, Craig, and Rich focus in on how to improve fuel economy. While we admit that none of us buy offroad rigs for fuel economy, its good to know what will give you the most bang for your buck when trying to improve your own fuel economy in your rig. Everything from cutting weight to improving aerodynamics will help. Or if you’re in the market for a new rig, maybe we have just the right one for you. What do you think of the new Ram ecodiesel? We have an article that indicates you can eek out more than 31 MPG from the 1500 series truck! Madness?! Maybe not!
This episode is sponsored by:
- Fridge Freeze – The only vehicle mounted refrigerator made in America and chosen by the Department of Defense to pull duties around the world.
- L.T. Wright knives are hand crafted in Ohio with the finest, locally sourced materials. They build everything from every day carry to bushcraft and even overland specific. Everything that LTWK builds comes with a lifetime guarantee and is designed from the ground up to be a solid working knife. Find out more online at ltwrightknives.com.
In the garage
- Dan – vacation to California, met John Bidney and explored Hatcher Pass, met Doug Povee of Forbidden Jeeps
- Craig – blown out knee
- Rich – Don’t even ask. My head has been buried in textbooks.
In the news:
Jesse Farmer Chili Mac
Sure, 1 Onion
4.25lb ground Beef
1 can of sweet corn
2 12oz cans of tomato paste
4 12oz cans of diced tomatoes
4 12oz cans of red kidney beans
1 box of elbow macaroni
Chili seasonings ( I used 2 packets of McCormicks original chili seasoning and 1packet of the mild)
Drain the beans and corn and add 2 cups of water.
Fry the onion and peppers together along with beef.
Pour in the tomato paste and dice tomatoes add the macaroni and chili seasoning (to taste).
Bring to a rolling boil for about 15min to a half hour or desired temperature.
Serve with cheddar cheese and mozzarella sprinkled on top.
This recipe serves an Army! Filled my Dutch oven to the brim.
Cut it in half to serve somewhere around 6 people
Email us at email@example.com
Facebook at http://facebook.com/the4x4podcast
Instagram at http://instagram.com/the4x4podcast
Twitter at http://twitter.com/the4x4podcast
Leave us a voicemail at 719-924-5337
- Fridge Freeze – This episode of The 4×4 Podcast is sponsored by Fridge Freeze. Fridge Freeze is the only vehicle mounted refrigeration unit that is made in the United States. Fridge Freeze units are built so tough that they are the choice for the Department of Defense and many hospitals across America. They are built with extremely tough components made to stand the test of time. Fridge Freeze units have been through Baja in race trucks, on boats running around the world, and beyond! You might think that this is more equipment than you really need but if you live by the buy once, cry once mantra then Fridge Freeze is the unit for you. Head over to http://FridgeFreeze.com and check out their products. At the least, send a note to Fridge Freeze and let them know that you appreciate their continued support for The 4×4 Podcast.
- L.T. Wright Knives are hand crafted in Ohio with the finest, locally sourced materials. They build everything from every day carry to bushcraft and even overland specific. Everything that LTWK builds comes with a lifetime guarantee and is designed from the ground up to be a solid working knife. Each piece is constructed with survival in mind. Knives with a proven international pedigree that have been there and back. Bushcraft, hunting, camping, overland, and every day carry models are available. The Bushcrafter HC is an excellent example of and every man knife able to do everything from help get the campfire started to skinning game. Being made from 3/32” 1075 steel with a convex edge, it will resharpen easily in the field. These heirloom quality pieces will outlast your adventure so, plan well, drive safely, and carry an LTWK.
Find out more online at http://the4x4podcast.com/ltwk
- Listeners like you!
- You can support The 4×4 Podcast by shopping on Amazon for everything under the sun. If you first go to the4x4podcast.com/amazon, then we’ll get a few cents from your purchase. You will still pay the same low price that you’d normally pay but a small percentage of the purchase will help keep the servers running for the podcast.
- You can sign up for a free 30 day trial to amazon prime and just by signing up for the free trial, Amazon will give us a little thank you. Head over to the4x4podcast.com/prime and sign up today!
- Also, you can sign up for the Kindle app at the4x4podcast.com/kindle. You don’t even have to buy a book and Amazon will kick a few cents over to us.
4×4 Radio Network: http://4x4radio.com
- Head over to 4x4radio.com and you’ll find a huge playlist from all the shows on The 4×4 Radio Network. You can hit play and listen to the Centre Steer Podcast and learn about Land Rovers. Or The Jeep Talk Show and learn about all things Jeep. And the Muddy Mic podcast covers all things in the fast growing segment of ATVs and UTVs.
- We’re always looking to add new shows to the network so if you’re interested in starting an offroading related podcast of your own, reach out and let us know!